SQL-Ledger on Nginx
P.V.Anthony
2012-10-12 19:07:05 UTC

I need to run SQL-Ledeger using Nginx webserver.

Has anyone done that before? If yes, I need to know how it was done.

Please share the knowledge.

P.V.Anthony
Rolf Stöckli
2012-10-12 20:51:51 UTC
A very minimalistic installation on Ubuntu 12.04 would be the following:

- Packages
apt-get install nginx fcgiwrap

- Install SQL-Ledger as usual, but into /usr/share/nginx/www/sql-ledger
instead of /usr/local/sql-ledger

- Edit /etc/nginx/sites-available/default.

server {
root /usr/share/nginx/www;
index index.html index.htm;

server_name localhost;

location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html;
}

location ~ \.pl$ {
gzip off;
include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
}
}

(The file is already there and linked to ../sites-enabled/default, check
in case of an error).

- Start the services (take care you have no Apache running on port 80).

service fcgiwrap start
service nginx start

Regards
Rolf
[...]